Translate

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Keeping Calm and Chiving On!

A year ago, or something like that, I stumbled on to a site called the Chive. I'd seen the shirts saying "Keep Calm and Chive On" all over the place, along with a lot of variations. I figured it was just a passing fad.

Finally, a buddy of mine showed me the site, and I was hooked. Besides the awesome content and funny things they post, they also have built an entire culture around their brand. Funny thing is, it's not the usual weird culture you see when associated with these kinds of things.

One of the big things, besides promoting networking and having fun, is the Pay It Forward concept. I'm not giving them credit for coming up with it, but the whole Chive society embraces it. You see someone out wearing a KCCO shirt at a bar or restaurant, you buy them a beer. They will pass the good deed along to another, and so on. Leaving awesome tips for waiters or waitresses and telling them to KCCO. You just made that person's day/night AMAZING. The Chive culture is a whole lot of people generally being awesome to other humans. They refer to all of these things as Random Acts of Kindness, or RAK. It's awesome what this group of people are doing to make the world better.

Another thing these guys do is a thing called Chive Charities. It's a non-profit group that donates money to people who really need it. Individuals who are in serious need of monetary help due to medical bills, and who have incredible stories of their struggles. Truly heart wrenching stories of lives filled with pain and suffering. The Chive family will pitch in and raise money for them, and give them the help they sorely need. I'm proud to be a monthly donator to this cause. They do the amazing things that I wish so many other people would do. I cant tell you how good it makes me feel to be a part of such a truly selfless group of people.


So, I encourage you to check out their site. Enjoy the fun and silliness they post, but also enjoy all the good they do too. It really is a pretty awesome group to be associated with. So if you see someone in a Chive shirt, buy them a beer. If your waiter/waitress is having a shitty day, but is working their ass off, give them a big tip and tell them to KCCO. You really can make a difference with the good things you do in life. Being a Chiver/Chivette is really about that. I love being a Chiver. I hope you'll become one too.

And remember kids...


THE CHIVE!!!

Chive Charities

No comments:

Post a Comment